The BLS Course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations, and provide early use of an AED.
In the Instructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. In some cases, students may also have to take a written exam.
- Reflects science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Emphasis on high-quality CPR including a team dynamics classroom activity
- Video-based course with real world scenarios
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Appropriate use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and effective performance as a team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Additional course materials available here for Instructors at AHA Instructor Network
Course Completion Card
Upon completion of all course requirements, participants receive a BLS Provider Course Completion Card (eCard) which is valid for two years.
- SIGN UP: In case this course is scheduled you will be able to sign up using the "Apply" button or in case it has not you can request information using the "More information" button on this page.
- Payment for the BLS by bank transfer to MCB account 20074600 Curaçaosche Hartstichting to IAHF. Please sent proof of payment.
- Before you attend the practical hands-on BLS course, you must purchase & complete the HeartCode BLS online: https://shopcpr.heart.org/heartcode-bls. Please download completion certificate and sent to: email@example.com
- If the country Curaçao or Netherlands Antilles is not available to choose from, register via the AHA address with your own name.
AHA address: 7272 Greenville Ave. Dallas, TX 75231
- A minimum of 4-5 participants (NO LESS) is required to organize the Heartcode BLS hands-on course.
- iPads or tablets are allowed during the course. All participants should study & bring their manual/eBooks to the course.
- Every participant must wear personal protective equipment (PPE), which includes face mask and gloves.