The ERC BLS Course teaches how to perform the first level of care for a person in cardiac arrest using basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) with an automated external defibrillator (AED).
During European Resuscitation Council (ERC) BLS/AED Provider courses, certified instructors will guide and support you in the learning process. Learning how to perform basic life support and how to use an automated external defibrillator is an interactive process that requires both knowledge and skills. Some or all this knowledge and some skills can be obtained through self-instruction and online learning.
4 stages to Basic Life Support:
- Stage 1: Real time demonstration
- Stage 2: Demonstration with step by step explanation
- Stage 3: Instructor performs actions while participants give instructions
- Stage 4: 1st participant does the performance with explanation. All other participants will practice without explanation hereafter.
At the end of the BLS / AED course you will be able to demonstrate:
- how to approach an unconscious victim
- how to perform chest compressions and ventilation
- how to use an AED safely
- how to bring an unconscious victim who is breathing into the recovery position
- how to deal with suffocation / choking
- ERC Basic Life Support with the use of an Automated External Defibrillator Manual.
Course Completion Card
Upon completion of all course requirements, participants receive an ERC Provider Qualification Completion Card (certificate) which is valid for three years.
- SIGN UP: In case this course is scheduled you will be able to sign up using the "Apply" button or in case it has not you can request information using the "More information" button on this page.
- Payment for the ERC BLS by bank transfer to MCB account 20074600 Curaçaosche Hartstichting to IAHF. Please sent proof of payment.
- Before you attend the practical hands-on ERC BLS course, you must purchase & read the ERC Student manual: https://cosy.erc.edu/en/webshop/item/13
- A minimum of 4-5 participants (NO LESS) is required to organize the ERC BLS hands-on course.
- iPads or tablets are allowed during the course. All participants should study & bring their
manual/eBooks to the course.
- Every participant must wear personal protective equipment (PPE), which includes face mask and gloves.