The FA Course teaches the basics of first aid, the most common life-threating emergencies, how to recognize them, how to call for help, and how to perform lifesaving skills.
In the Instructor-led course, students will be given the opportunity to practice the acquired skills and receive valuable coaching from the instructor. Students work with an AHA HS Instructor to complete FA skills practice and skills testing. In some cases, students may also have to take a written exam.
- Course is updated with the new science from the 2020 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Student Workbook comes with Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide that summarizes first aid actions for many injuries
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preventing illness and injury
Course Completion Card
Upon completion of all course requirements, participants receive a Heartsaver First Aid Course Completion Card (eCard) which is valid for two years.
- SIGN UP: In case this course is scheduled you will be able to sign up using the "Apply" button or in case it has not you can request information using the "More information" button on this page.
- Payment for the FA by bank transfer to MCB account 20074600 Curaçaosche Hartstichting to IAHF. Please sent proof of payment.
- Before you attend the practical hands-on FA course, you must purchase & complete the Heartsaver FA online: https://shopcpr.heart.org/heartsaver-first-aid-online. Please download completion certificate and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the country Curaçao or Netherlands Antilles is not available to choose from, register via the AHA address with your own name.
AHA address: 7272 Greenville Ave. Dallas, TX 75231
- A minimum of 4-5 participants (NO LESS) is required to organize the Heartsaver FA hands-on course.
- iPads or tablets are allowed during the course. All participants should study & bring their manual/eBooks to the course.
- Every participant must wear personal protective equipment (PPE), which includes face mask and gloves.