The FA, CPR & AED Course teaches the basics of first aid, the most common life-threating emergencies, how to recognize them, how to call for help, and how to perform lifesaving skills. And trains participants to give cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
In the Instructor-led course, students will be given the opportunity to practice the acquired skills, focus on the recognition of cardiac arrest, getting emergency care on the way quickly, and helping the person until more advanced care arrives to take over. Students work with an AHA HS Instructor to complete FA, CPR & AED skills practice, and skills testing. In some cases, students may also have to take a written exam.
- Course is updated with the new science from the 2020 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Student Workbook comes with Heartsaver FA, CPR & AED Quick Reference Guide that summarizes FA, CPR & AED actions.
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preventing illness and injury
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognition and performance of high-quality CPR for an adult, child and infant
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using a barrier device for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on adults and children
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult, child and infant
Course Completion Card
Upon completion of all course requirements, participants receive a Heartsaver FA, CPR & AED Course Completion Card (eCard) which is valid for two years.
- SIGN UP: In case this course is scheduled you will be able to sign up using the "Apply" button or in case it has not you can request information using the "More information" button on this page.
- Payment for the FA, CPR & AED by bank transfer to MCB account 20074600 Curaçaosche Hartstichting to IAHF. Please sent proof of payment.
- Before you attend the practical hands-on FA, CPR & AED course, you must purchase & complete the Heartsaver FA,CPR & AED online: https://shopcpr.heart.org/heartsaver-cpr-aed-online Please download completion certificate and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the country Curaçao or Netherlands Antilles is not available to choose from, register via the AHA address with your own name.
AHA address: 7272 Greenville Ave. Dallas, TX 75231
- A minimum of 4-5 participants (NO LESS) is required to organize the Heartsaver FA, CPR & AED hands-on course.
- iPads or tablets are allowed during the course. All participants should study & bring their manual/eBooks to the course.
- Every participant must wear personal protective equipment (PPE), which includes face mask and gloves.