The PALS Course is for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, and others.
This Instructor-led course uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. In some cases, students may also have to take a written exam.
- HeartCode PALS uses a personalized adaptive algorithm that sets students on the most efficient path to PALS mastery
- Course content is presented in the form of self-directed learning content, probes, and Cognitive Assessment Activitie
- The student has a choice of completing a pre-hospital or in-hospital contextualized track
- Includes realistic, clinical scenarios that encourage active participation – delivered through actual pediatric patient videos and lifelike simulations
- Comprehensive and includes our systematic approach to assess and treat pediatric patients in emergency situations
- Co-branded with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Recognition of patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognition of cardiopulmonary arrest early and application of CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiation between respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiation between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiation between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Post–cardiac arrest management
- 20-3555 HeartCode® PALS
- 20-1119 PALS Provider Manual, includes PALS Reference Card (20-1118)
- 20-3120 PALS Provider Manual eBook, includes PALS Digital Reference Card (20-3121)
- 20-1118 PALS Reference Card
- 20-3121 PALS Digital Reference Card
Course Completion Card
Upon completion of all course requirements, participants receive a PALS Provider Course Completion Card which is valid for two years.
- SIGN UP: In case this course is scheduled you will be able to sign up using the "Apply" button or in case it has not you can request information using the "More information" button on this page.
- Payment for the PALS by bank transfer to MCB account 20074600 Curaçaosche Hartstichting to IAHF. Please sent proof of payment.
- To complete the Precourse Self-Assesment, access the student website for PALS: https://ahainstructornetwork.americanheart.org/AHAECC/ecc.jsp?pid=ahaecc.studentlanding and enter code: pals15. You can train the course as much as you need/want. Please sent result before course attendance to: email@example.com
- Before you attend the practical hands-on PALS course, you must purchase & complete the HeartCode PALS online: https://shopcpr.heart.org/heartcode-pals. Please download completion certificate and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the country Curaçao or Netherlands Antilles is not available to choose from, register via the AHA address with your own name.
AHA address: 7272 Greenville Ave. Dallas, TX 75231
- A minimum of 4-5 participants (NO LESS) is required to organize the Heartcode PALS hands-on course.
- iPads or tablets are allowed during the course. All participants should study & bring their manual/eBooks to the course.
- Every participant must wear personal protective equipment (PPE) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4jQUBAlBrI and https://youtu.be/PQxOc13DxvQ