The PEARS Course teaches providers who infrequently deal with pediatrics how to use a systematic approach to quickly assess, recognize the cause, and stabilize a pediatric patient in an emergency.
This Instructor-led course teaches healthcare providers and others the foundational skills needed to assess, recognize, and participate in the initial management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients. At the end of the practical hands-on course, students must take a written exam.
- Improves competency in pediatric basic life support
- Uses realistic, clinical scenarios that encourage active participation – delivered through actual pediatric patient videos and lifelike animations
- Includes AHA’s systematic approach to assess, recognize, and stabilize pediatric patients in emergency situations
- Uses a hands-on class format to reinforce skills proficiency
- Enhances skills in recognizing respiratory emergencies, shock emergencies, and cardiopulmonary arrest
- Co-branded with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- Assessment and management of respiratory distress and shock
- Identification and management of cardiac arrest
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
Course Completion Card
Upon completion of all course requirements, participants receive a PEARS Provider Course Completion Card which is valid for two years.
- SIGN UP: In case this course is scheduled you will be able to sign up using the "Apply" button or in case it has not you can request information using the "More information" button on this page.
- Payment for the PEARS by bank transfer to MCB account 20074600 Curaçaosche Hartstichting to IAHF. Please sent proof of payment.
- Before you attend the practical hands-on PEARS course, you must purchase & read the PEARS Provider Manual: https://shopcpr.heart.org/pears-provider-manual-ebook-international-english.
- If the country Curaçao or Netherlands Antilles is not available to choose from, register via the AHA address with your own name.
AHA address: 7272 Greenville Ave. Dallas, TX 75231
- For additional study material access the student website for PEARS: https://ahainstructornetwork.americanheart.org/AHAECC/ecc.jsp?pid=ahaecc.studentlanding and enter code: pears15.
- A minimum of 4-5 participants (NO LESS) is required to organize the Heartcode PERAS hands-on course.
- iPads or tablets are allowed during the course. All participants should study & bring their manual/eBooks to the course.
- Every participant must wear personal protective equipment (PPE) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4jQUBAlBrI and https://youtu.be/PQxOc13DxvQ